For riddle and puzzle lovers, here’s one that should provide a challenge. While the same logical, deductive skills were required, I found this one far more difficult than Are you in the 2% of the population that can solve this riddle?.
Eight couples meet to lend one another some books. Couples have the same surname, occupation and drive the same car. Each couple has a favourite colour and we are provided with the following information:
- Daniella Black and her husband work as Shop-Assistants.
- The book “The Seadog” was brought by a couple who drive a Fiat and love the color red.
- Owen and his wife Victoria like the color brown.
- Stan Horricks and his wife Hannah like the color white.
- Jenny Smith and her husband work as Warehouse Managers and they drive a Wartburg.
- Monica and her husband Alexander borrowed the book “Grandfather Joseph”.
- Mathew and his wife like the color pink and brought the book “Mulatka Gabriela”.
- Irene and her husband Oto work as Accountants.
- The book “We Were Five” was borrowed by a couple driving a Trabant.
- The Cermaks are both Ticket-Collectors who brought the book “Shed Stoat”.
- Mr and Mrs Kuril are both Doctors who borrowed the book “Slovacko Judge”.
- Paul and his wife like the color green.
- Veronica Dvorak and her husband like the color blue.
- Rick and his wife brought the book “Slovacko Judge” and they drive a Ziguli.
- One couple brought the book “Dame Commissar” and borrowed the book “Mulatka Gabriela”.
- The couple who drive a Dacia, love the color violet.
- The couple who work as Teachers borrowed the book “Dame Commissar”.
- The couple who work as Agriculturalists drive a Moskvic.
- Pamela and her husband drive a Renault and brought the book “Grandfather Joseph”.
- Pamela and her husband borrowed the book that Mr and Mrs Zajac brought.
- Robert and his wife like the color yellow and borrowed the book “The Modern Comedy”.
- Mr and Mrs Swain work as Shoppers.
- “The Modern Comedy” was brought by a couple driving a Skoda.
Are you able to match all the relevant details for these 8 couples – name and surname, occupation, car, favourite colour, the book brought to the meeting and the book borrowed?
Solution will be posted in the Comments section in a few days. Enjoy!